12. Post news. Anything that is relevant and current for your particular niche. If you look like you are on the breaking edge of what’s happening, people will naturally pay attention to all of your Facebook postings. Use Google Alerts to stay abreast of breaking news.
13. The fastest way to grow your fan base? Advertise. Remember, your list of Facebook fans is akin to having a mailing list – so it can pay to build that fan base quickly.
14. Rotate your ads often. Daily is best. You’ve got to keep it interesting, and anything they saw yesterday is-not- interesting. Conversion rates can drop a whopping 50% by the second day of running the same ad.
15. Give people a reason to like your page. Incentives work great. But even using the word “because” can increase your likes. “Please like our page because we want to impact as many people as possible.”
16. Offer something special just to your Facebook fans. For example, a product discount or a special bonus when they purchase your product or service.
17. If you’re offering a sale, use either the keyword “$ off” or “coupon,” since these two keywords tend to produce the highest response. Offering a certain dollar amount off will tend to produce twice the results of offering a certain percentage off of the regular price. Why? Probably because most people don’t like math.
18. The shorter the post, the higher the level of engagement. Memorize that rule.
19. Post when people aren’t working or aren’t as busy. User engagement tends to be 20% higher when you post from 8pm to 8am. Of course, you’ll need to know where the majority of your audience is to make this work. If your fans are all over the planet, then you can likely post anytime for good results.
20. Share other people’s stuff. Did you know that when you share someone’s content on Facebook, you can create a notification to tell them you shared it? Write their name in the status and Facebook will alert them with the mention function. This is a great icebreaker for networking with other people in your niche.
21. Have an awesome header image. Pay to have this created if you don’t have the skills because it makes an excellent first impression.
22. Engage. Engage engage engage. Like other people’s content when it fits well with your audience. Respond to comments. Always stay positive. And have fun.