11 Ways to Get Noticed, Liked and Create Engagement on Facebook
1. Did you just create a new page? Ask everyone and anyone you know to like your page, even if you have to turn to friends and family. Your objective here is simply to get the ball rolling.
2. Use videos that are only revealed when they like your page. Make sure the videos are very good to excellent – you don’t want to disappoint. Short and great is much better than long and boring.
3. Offer a free eBook, but only when they like your page. This is just like offering an eBook for an email address, only with viral possibilities.
4. Run a competition. Run LOTS of competitions. People love contests – they’re fun, they get to win stuff, and you don’t look like you’re promoting but you do build your list – it’s a win-win for everyone.
5. Ask questions on Facebook. Nothing promotes engagement more than asking and responding to people’s ideas and especially opinions on a hot topic. In fact, questions get double the rate of comments that statements get.
6. Do you know what’s even more powerful than questions? Fill in the blank posts generate 9 times as many comments as regular posts. For example, “The thing I love about Sunday is ____”
7. Add a Facebook Social Plugin to your website and blog. Yes, some marketers still haven’t done this, yet doing so can result in more exposure, more fans, more business… etc.
8. Did you write a new blog post? Then post some of that content onto Facebook.
9. Use photos and videos whenever possible. They get shared 2- 3 times more than written content.
10. Find places to add a link to your Facebook page. Email signatures are a great one, so are articles, blog posts, other social media, forum signatures, etc.
11. Go for quality over quantity. Post once or twice a day with really great posts. The exception? If you’re posting news – then you’ll want to post slightly more often.